Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Potty training saga continues....

OK so this morning I go in to find that somehow Kaylin has spilled her pee pee all over her bathroom floor and is proceeding to "clean it up" with a wet wipe and her bath towel:) She kept telling me "I clean it up Mommy, I clean it up". My guess is that she has seen her Daddy take the little toss out pail from her potty and put it in the sink to rinse it out and she was trying to copy that. So somewhere between the potty and her climbing her stool to the sink the pee pee ended up all over the floor, and her and her stool! Oh well, the floor needed a good mopping anyway.
Then as I said yesterday my fear was that our next call was going to be to a plumber, right?! Well after cleaning up her bathroom mess I headed into the study and caught a quick glance out the window of water just pouring out of the ground down the sidewalk and into the street. This of course sent me into a complete panic and I ran to get Chris to check it out. My first thought was "what did Kaylin put down the toilet"? So after assessing the situation, Chris comes in and calls our utility district people to come take a look but his guess is that it's on the "city" side and not "our side" so we shouldn't have to worry about it or repair anything. Well, the guy gets there a half hour later and I go with him outside to see what is going on. He asks us to turn off all the water in the house, so we do, and yet water is still gushing all over the walkway. At this point, I am about to panic and am so afraid at what he is going to tell us is wrong now. But then.....he says that it must be the neighbor's side!!! Hallelujah! While I feel bad for our neighbor, I was so happy and relieved that finally something breaking and costing lots of money wasn't happening to us this time! (After the hail damage to our roof and truck, the microwave died, my brakes are going out, we've maxed out all our health insurance deductibles AND our property taxes just went up - I couldn't handle one more thing right now!) Sounds like it will require a plumber but I just feel like we dodged such a bullet this time and I'm just so elated! And, what's even better, it means Kaylin is still minding her Mommy and didn't put anything down the toilet! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. When my daughter and niece were about 4 they flushed a plastic dixie cup in the toliet at my sister's house. It got stuck backwards just perfectly going down. I had to stick my hand in a full toliet and pull out. They are now both 30, but still get reminded from time to time.

    ReplyDelete